To help slow the spread of COVID-19, more and more people are hunkering down at home. While social distancing is a must, coronavirus-induced cabin fever doesn't have to be.
As a Brown alum, you have a plethora of resources available to help you build your connections, practice self care, and gain some new knowledge. From Rosetta Stone to meditation sessions to BrownConnect, learn about the oodles of digital services, activities, and platforms from Brown that you could be using right now.
But first things first: make sure to set up your Brown Account. Claiming your account grants access to many benefits and services, including several of the great resources below.
- Rosetta StoneⓇ: That's right: you can learn a language while cooped up at home. Alumni have free access to Rosetta Stone. Choose from 30 languages and learn at your own pace with expert guidance and immediate feedback.
- BrownConnect: Tap into the vast reservoir of career knowledge in our alumni community. Use BrownConnect for advice, stories, and more from alumni in your field. Or, help provide students with career advice and opportunities during this time of uncertainty.
- Brown Arts Initiative at Home: Looking for something on the more creative side? The Brown Arts Initiative recently launched BAI at Home. This new website has everything: online events, collaborative art projects, resources for artists, live concerts, interviews with the broader arts community, and much more.
- Library Eresources: All the perks of library access without the stress of final exams. Alumni have free access to online journals, books, newspapers, and more for your personal use.
- Mindfulness Sessions: Now's as good a time as any to find your center. The Mindfulness Center at Brown has expanded its community offerings and is now offering live online sessions once a day.
- Virtual Communities: Just because you're practicing social distancing doesn't mean you have to distance yourself from your beloved Brown community. Keep Brunonia close by joining your local Brown club or connect with your class and suggest some virtual meet-ups. Find a long lost Brunonian in the Alumni Directory. And if you haven't already, join the Brown alumni LinkedIn group just for alumni, students, and faculty who wish to connect with each other professionally. The alumni office will verify the status of each prospective member before approving the request to join.
- Virtual Campus Tour: Missing College Hill? See what's changed (and what's stayed the same) when you go on a virtual tour of the campus from the comfort of your couch.
- Women's Voices Amplified Podcast: Searching for a new podcast? Hear incredible women from all corners of the Brunonia ecosystem share their insights on the big questions of work, life, and living in today's world. Recent guests have included concussion expert Teena Shetty '95 MD'00 and authors Meg Wolitzer '81 and Lois Lowry '58. Find it on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud or YouTube.
- Community Conversations: There's a new way to hear from the best minds from Brown. Hosted by President Christina H. Paxson, Community Conversations is a new virtual discussion series featuring some of the University's leading scholars and experts from around the world.
- Virtual Events | Many events at Brown have now gone virtual. From faculty webinars to living room concerts, browse the events calendar for a variety of happenings you can attend from home.