Untapped Potential / Unlimited Possibilities
Goal: $1.047B | Progress: 73%
Exceptional teaching. Distinguished scholarship. Collaborative research. One of the world’s most distinctive experiences for undergraduate, graduate and medical students: The people of Brown—talented, thoughtful individuals of intellectual rigor, generous spirit, and varied perspectives—define all that Brown is and can be.
Together, we are strengthening their work by:
- Building and sustaining a world-class faculty composed of leading scholars who are also inspirational teachers.
- Expanding opportunity and access through a more generous financial aid program for low- and middle-income students and families that supports our commitment to meet the full demonstrated financial aid need for all undergraduates.
- Creating a diverse and inclusive community capable of addressing the critical opportunities and issues of our time.
Education and Research
Empowering Collaboration / Advancing Knowledge
Goal: $811M | Progress: 135%
Health disparities and improving population health. Climate change. Racial injustice and income inequality. Complexities of human behavior. Social implications of technology: Through education and collaborative research, we tackle the complex questions and challenges of the 21st century:
Together, we are building on our strengths and positioning Brown for even greater leadership by:
- Focusing on nine areas of inquiry—such as deciphering disease; creating peaceful, just, and prosperous societies; and cultivating creative expression—that require multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Fostering collaborative and life-changing research in brain science, economics, public health, sustainability, and computer science.
- Funding educational enhancements to our signature Open Curriculum, including the creation of the Brown Teaching Fellows Programs and an Engaged Scholars program.
- Linking students and alumni through internships and mentoring opportunities.
Campus and Community
Evolving Campus / Inspiring Community
Goal: $742M | Progress: 77%
Labs. Libraries. Athletics venues. Gathering spaces: Brown’s campus encourages innovation and reflects our defining values of excellence, openness, collaboration, and sustainability.
Together, we are changing the landscape of our University by:
- Renovating heritage properties to accommodate the needs of our 21st-century learning community.
- Constructing new academic, research, and performance facilities.
- Building and improving team facilities and playing fields that enable our student-athletes to compete at the highest level.
- Seeking a full array of programs to support our students—including first-generation and international students.
Today's Vision / Tomorrow's Promise
Goal: $400M | Progress: 78%
Academic excellence. Educational Access. Service to society and making a difference in the world. These are Brown’s values, and Brunonians express their commitment to sustaining these values by giving immediate-use gifts through the Brown Annual Fund’s family of funds.
Together, we are ensuring a bright future by:
*Campaign progress totals are as of March 2021.