Career Resources FAQ
Your career questions, our career answers.
For assistance, please contact the Alumni Help Desk at email@example.com or +1 (401) 863-9662 (9am–4pm EST).
Finding a job
Visit the Brown Handshake for Alumni Job Board. It connects alumni and Brown-friendly employers to alumni job-seekers. It also offers advanced search options, listings in resume books, and opportunities to contact employers directly.
- To access the job board, log in to myBrown. Your job board link will be under "Links and Resources."
- And tell us what you think! Share your feedback on the Handshake Job Board with AlumniCareers@brown.edu.
Resume writing and interviewing
- Recent grads (three years out or less) can visit CareerLAB to have their resumes reviewed.
- A great resource for executives is The Ladders, a website that offers free basic membership and loads of advice on job searching and resume-building.
- If you would like someone to take an in-depth look at your resume and career plan, consider using the Brown alumni Executive/Career Coaches.
BRUnet, which served both students and alumni, has been replaced by BrownConnect (see below).
- Attend an alumni event.
- Check out BrownConnect.
- For alumni: BrownConnect now allows all alumni to search for, email, and favorite fellow alumni in any profession. Learn more.
- For students: BrownConnect centralizes summer internship listings, funding sources, and alumni profiles. All alumni whom Brown has employment information for are searchable in BrownConnect, unless they have opted out. Students can type in one term—such as “museum”—and find all alumni, internships, and funding sources related to that term.
- Visit the Brown Handshake for Alumni Job Board to see what types of jobs are typically available in your chosen industry.
- Join the Brown Alumni Association’s LinkedIn group to connect with Brown alumni whose jobs are similar to the one you’re seeking.
- Don’t be shy! Reach out to alumni in your chosen industry through BrownConnect.
Check out the following Brown resources:
...and get inspired to veer off onto your own path.
The BAA offers the following resources:
- Work with Brown's executive/career coach program.
- Inspiration via Alumni Career Spotlights.
- Mini job-skill tutorials
- Ideas for putting yourself out there.
It’s true that CareerLAB is primarily a resource for current Brown students and very recent grads (within the last 3 years). But Alumni Relations has a roster of resources designed to aid alumni at all stages of their careers.
- Wall Street Journal’s "Careers" section
- Quintcareers.com (Don’t miss their Accomplishments Worksheet tool!)
- Forbes, Inc.
Email us anytime: AlumniCareers@brown.edu.